- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- Put the grated zucchini in a colander or strainer over the sink, and add the teaspoon of salt and gently mix. After letting the zucchini sit for 10 minutes, drain the zucchini with a cloth or paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine the zucchini, flour, feta, dill, garlic, and egg. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is warm, scoop a tablespoon of batter for each fritter into the oil. Flatten the scoops a bit with a spatula and cook until the underside is golden-brown – about 2 minutes – and then flip the fritter and let it cook until the other side is golden-brown (about 1-2 minutes).
- Serve with sour cream, yogurt, another sauce, or simply plain.