One of the realities of farming is that we need a variety of equipment and supplies. Some things on this list are quite special and expensive and must be purchased, while others might be things you have sitting unused around your house. Either way, helping us to connect with these items is appreciated!
- share information about our farm, our products, and what we are trying to do
- sign people up for our newsletter
- advocate for local, state, and federal policies that support farms like ours (joining the Iowa Farmers Union as a “Friend of the Family Farmer” is a great way to do this!)
- volunteer at the farm
Greenhouse / hoophouse / high tunnel
- Seeders – 1 to 4 row, push or tractor mount
- Tractors- ideally in the 15-75 hp range – for cultivating, moving wagons, digging potatoes, mowing, etc.
- Traditional tractor implements – 2-4 bottom planter, cultivators, potato plow, hayracks / wagons
- Modern vegetable farming implements: plastic mulch layer, raised bed maker, transplanter, specialty cultivators, harvest equipment
- Small square baler and additional hay equipment – racks, sickle mower + rake, or haybine or discbine
- Trencher for burying water lines and electric cables
- Fence post pounder for skidsteer or 3pt
- Bandmill, preferred Woodmizer – with the timber that we have, we could be able to mill some of our own lumber